Firstly, thanks to everyone who tuned into my FB live stream last week that we’ve also uploaded to YouTube. It was weird to not have an audience in front of me, but having the comments roll in and being able to share some music with everyone out there means the world to me. Please know I am especially grateful for everyone that is supporting the music and getting merch through the store on the website and adding money to the tip jar so the guys and I can get back to making music for you as soon as possible!!
Next, I have to admit and can’t imagine anyone that hasn’t had some dark moments in these crazy times. I’m not counting how many days have been spent in quarantine and we really don’t know how long this is going to last and what the lasting effects are of this new scene. We can’t ignore the daunting statistics of the spread of Coronavirus, the loss of personal income, inability of getting basic day to day supplies and groceries with the same ease we had a month ago, lack of mobility and ability to visit friends and family, job loss and a myriad of other serious and legitimate worries. But, worrying doesn’t solve or change anything and only leads to more health difficulties and mental anguish. I realize this, but quite frankly, it’s not exactly easy to practice what I preach as I stare down all of the things I mention in that opening sentence. (believe me when I say this newsletter has been started, erased and continued a few times over the last few days)
So, here’s what I’m doing. I’m grateful first and foremost that I’m quarantined with my amazing wife Paula. We’re taking time to communicate better and do things around the house together and separately to continue doing our best for each other and ourselves. I’m lucky to have a partner in life and living that is supportive and strong. I am also taking time to try to stay in touch with friends and family and I’m grateful that many of the people I work with are part of that friends pool. We’re all strategizing for how we continue in the present and future to follow our missions. Instead of focusing on the losses, I’m excited about the new music to create and creating new avenues to bring that music to y’all. This is a huge process though and requires more solitary work than I’ve ever done. So I apologize to everyone that I haven’t answered in the timeliest fashion but know that I’m doing my best and hoping you are too. Social media is amazing and a great tool in these times. It also requires the balance for our personal sanity to do what we can to like ourselves without watching everything out there. Luckily we have the ability to access it and turn it off at our own discretion.
Moving forward…there’s new music coming!!
1) Lori and Tom have been editing and posting a few classic videos on the YouTube channel that have been bringing back great memories for me. I hope you’re enjoying them and sharing with your friends to have some more happiness in your days!
2) Paula has been helping me get some new videos prepped. I’m a pretty low tech guy and not exactly detail-oriented, so I appreciate it when she makes sure I take a little more time on this stuff.
3) We are going to have an EP available soon of some rare tracks. It will be available in CD format and for downloading/ streaming.
4) There are some awesome collaborations being planned that I’m sure will bring us all a lot of fun soon, so please keep an eye on the band’s social media accounts and encourage your friends to sign up for the mailing list as well!
5) If you live in or near New Braunfels, TX my dear friends at the Faust Brewery are still serving great take out meals and have their Alex Meixner Polka Pils available for take-out (with or without the meals and with their other amazing beers!) We also have our beer available at the HEB supermarkets. Please enjoy some great beer in quarantine! In fact, if ya got some, take a pic and tag me on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter so I know you’re out there!! 🙂
6) Last, but definitely not least, I am doing another live stream later this week. We’ll announce the day and time very soon. Lori has sent a new webcam so that the video is better. I hope the new audio interface I ordered will allow me to use some of the studio equipment I have to get better sound quality! If you have any specific requests, start emailing them to me! I will do my best to get them in!!