I’ve been really enjoying the work and the community developing over on the Patreon site: patreon.com/alexmeixner
It’s in many ways like an old school “Fan Club”. There are different perks at different levels, depending on what is of most value to you. To make it easier, Patreon has now approved my site for annual billing (instead of a monthly credit card charge- you can save a few $ (5%) and pay once a year instead!)
- The first level- only $3/ month- “I heard Alex Somewhere and I think I like him”- gets access to the new music (and vintage rarities) downloads before they are released on any other format in addition to flash sales on merch– some of which will only be available on Patreon.
- At $10/ month – you also get to participate in polls that can lead the direction of my next work and have access to advance tickets for some of the ticketed performances, once they start resuming.
- At $25/ month- you also get access to the monthly Zoom fan happy hour– an online meetup with other fans where I answer questions, perform some requests and we all have fun from the comforts of our home. It’s been a fun experience for me to get to know some of the fans better and for y’all to challenge me with new requests!!
- At $50/month adds specific fan requests– including a personalized video of a song in my repertoire made for you.
- The $100/ month- University of Alex is set up for the music students predominantly. It includes a once a month (hour-long) music lesson online. The lesson itself is $75 value- so if you’re wanting to work on accordion, trumpet, music theory, styles, and analysis and get into the thought of how I create music, this is the way to get into it.
Speaking of Music Education I have an online seminar I’m doing this evening through Kaleidoscope Adventures on “Finding a Niche Within your Profession”. I’ll be talking about the strategies I have used as I’ve developed my career in music- that are applicable to many specialty fields. The sessions will include a q/a section and a little Oktoberfest performance! Hope some of y’all will find it interesting to join! There’s even a 40% discount code of “Online40” now available.
Finally, we do have 2 nights of performances (and a matinee) at Krause’s Cafe coming up in a few weeks for all of our New Braunfels peeps. With the cancellation of the festival, we all felt that it would be good to have some shows to get us back with the gemütlichkeit! We’re all doing our best to make the best of the situations that have happened within this global pandemic. These are my last public performances for the year in Texas. (The band and I have 2 scheduled appearances in Florida, but one is very possibly being canceled, so we’re just hanging tight and hoping next year gets us back to a safer normal again.
Much love and thanks to y’all!